Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three New (to me) recipes

I cooked today for a client where I make 3 entrees for two weeks worth of meals. So when Nana asked me what we were making today I realized I'd chosen 3 new recipes. One, the Meatballs, is a similar dish to things I've made in the past but was just a bit twisted.  So, thinking about the blog, I asked her to bring her camera and shoot pics of the new dishes.  All she needs is an excuse to carry her camera!  And who knows how long I'll be able to enjoy having her as sous chef/photographer, someday she'll get a new job and be unavailable for weekday cookdates!

The three dishes were: Roasted Pork Tenderloin w/Eggplant Relish; Thai Turkey Meatballs in Spicy Peanut Sauce and Chicken Breast Marbella.  The chicken dish is a modernized version of a famous recipe from The Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins.  The original recipe uses a whole chicken cut into pieces, the updated version is from Eating Well Magazine and uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

All three turned out very well.  The Meatballs in the Spicy Peanut Sauce are too hot for Nana and the bit of heat in the Eggplant Relish for the Pork Tenderloin wasn't her favorite either.  But the Chicken Marbella received a favorable review. The clients prefer lots of heat, in fact their fridge is better stocked with a variety of hot sauces than most grocery stores!

Side dishes included Honey Ginger Baby Carrots; Scallion Rice and Roasted Cauliflower, Chick Peas and Olives.  No pics of the sides, as we get more accustomed to taking pics we'll be more mindful, especially since they were very colorful today!


Roasted Pork Tenderloin w/Eggplant Relish


Thai Turkey Meatballs in Spicy Peanut Sauce


Chicken Breasts Marbella



Another good day of cooking!  I always feel so lucky to be getting paid to fulfill my own personal passion: cooking for others!

No comments: