Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Artichokes

Stumbled across them at the grocery store the other day and couldn't remember the recipe we had wanted to make with them but figured I'd find it somewhere in my collection of to be tried!

Turns out it was a Rachel Ray Recipe, we had seen her make on her daytime TV talk show.  It contained pancetta, so my ears perked up immediately!  The title to the recipe is: Springtime Spaghetti with Baby Artichokes and Herbs and can be found here.

I followed the recipe perfectly, I know, I know, highly unusual, but here's what I will do differently next time:  A little more wine and braise the chokes a little longer; peel them better left a few tough petals; saute some crushed red peppers along with the garlic.  And maybe a generous squeeze of lemon for brightness just when plating.  Otherwise it was a great meal!  Similar to a stir-fry, have all your ingredients prepped ahead lined up and ready to go. 

We enjoyed a few slices of thinly sliced whole wheat Ciabatta bread toasted, just like we had at lunch.  Nice meal for two with enough leftover for a lunch.

Sauteing the ingredients:



Plated:

No comments: